446: revised comps

Heres my revisions for yamamotoyama. In case you forgot, its a tea brand, and I am doing the loose leaves for it. Here is initially the bottle and the cover of the hanging label. The top piece is a cork, the logo would be a sticker. The size is roughly 8 inches tall and 2 inches wide. Tell me what you think. :] 


14 comments:

The Designed Mind said...

The label looks much better now with the curves and sized down. It looks great, is simple, shows the product nicely, and is easy to open and pour.

I am not sure about the characters running over the type on the label, if that is your logo, I don't know if should stay the same.

BrianTroiola said...

I like this this a lot. If I was going to change something, I would try shifting the words Yama Moto Yama more. Like a transitional layout.

Paul Masatani said...

I'm really liking the vibe I get from this piece, you definitely made the brand feel like it's contemporary Japanese design. This is nitpicky but on the label I feel like the y of the first yama is cropped weird as is the a of the second yama. I like how the hang tag is a reversal of the label on the container, how the characters stand out more than the English. I think the negative space on the hang tag is better than the label, the label seems crowded.

-Paul

Legoman said...

I like it. You should try playing with the logo some more because it looks to me like it's losing some of its quality due to the way you contained your type on the sticky label. It looks to me almost like those kanji characters are "eating" into the type, especially on the purple label.

Anonymous said...

I think this is beautiful and I would buy it in two seconds. Its almost like taking a fresh, contemporary twist on something as traditional as Japanese tea.

-Kim

NickP said...

Great work, I really like your designs! The only thing that needs altering is the Japanese characters. Right now they are covering the name too much. Try reversing the colors between the name and characters, and then placing the characters behind the name.

Steven Jul-ul said...

Excellent work! I really like how this came out, it looks really clean and professional. Good use of colors and I like how you moved the logo down from where you originally had it since the tag was blocking it. Great work.

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love your packaging it's so simple yet eye grabbing the color choices are great they really stand out against the product in the jars. the label is much better as well less clattery....great job!

dcortez8 said...

its looking really amazing..one thing i would say is that on your tag, the japanese lettering is overpowering the brand name. I'd play with making the brand name that bold color, and ghost out the japanese with the lighter color behind it

Yor53 said...

the change from the logo's position near the top (with the label that overlap) to the the logo near the bottom have become more clear. the change of cork from thin to think is now more noticable than ever before. if only the character of the label dont over lap the name . it should be the same tag as the bottle that the type is more seen than the character so it can be read better but the design is nice

Jessica said...

Hey everything is looking great!
the only thing is the characters behind the yama moto yama on the tag interfere with the english words, and I think they'd look better screened behind it like they are on the bottle label.

cool idea!

☁ɕɧɾɪʂҭɪɳɜ☁ said...

I like it.
But i agree with most of the people here about the label... the kanji is overpowering the english. The flavor type is too small on the label too.

-Christine

Miki said...

I love what you have done so far. Seeing the logo on the actual glass bottle looks really nice but seeing it individually, it feels like the Japanese lettering is conflicting with the words Yama Moto Yama. The purple type on the right also looks a bit difficult to read because of the color but then again seeing it on screen might be different than actually seeing it. But overall, I like the design a lot. =) Great job.

Sarom R.

R.A.M. said...

awesome job. this is one of my favs from the class. the only thing is the leather string. it remind me of a shoelace and tea drinkers might not want animal parts on their tea packaging. maybe a twine or something. noticed you moved the logo lower so its not competing with the tag.
other than that really nice job.

Post a Comment