Hello all! Here are my thumbs for the new logo of yamamotoyama. let me know what you think :]

Hope my sketches are clear.. and sorry again for the smudges. ~.~
Feedback is welcomed. :]
Also! Remember to come to SAGA's open house tonight at 6:30 in the purple crit room. There will be free pizza! :D



12 comments:
I like both the logos on the first row with the writing knocked out in black. For the packaging I like the first idea you had with the frosted glass and hang tag. The logo knocked out on the frosted glass gives it a very clean sophisticated look which is what I usually think of when I think of tea.
The first cup logo and the second one in the bottom row are my two favorite logos. I think the cup one reminds me of those kind of subtly colored line drawings you see in Japanese design which reflects the product.
I like all of the packages, I think they could all work really well but I really like the little paper charm on the first one, I think that would be a really good place to have extra information and I also really, like the second one on the second page, I think it really draws from traditional Japanese ceramics.
-Kim
As far as the logos go I like the 3rd column 2nd row logo the most, the one with the 3 line stack type and the leaf on the left. It has a nice contemporary look and it just looks healthy.
The logo underneath might be nice too if you want to give it a traditional sense.
The first package with the hang tag is a nice idea, the frosted glass would make it stand out on the shelf and give it perceived value.
-Paul
All of the packages and logo designs are good. The one I like most is the cylinder glass jar(the last one). It seems more useful and keeps contents safely sealed. The design is very appealing. The lgoo of the teapot seems to relate to japanese culture because of the way you designed it have designed the logo.
All designs are really nice and gives the feel of originality... however, if I must chose, your second logo is very beautiful and elegant. The packaging as well looks good on all of them, but I think I like the two ovals and the fourth one (don't know the name of the shape). I would wonder thought, how practical they (oval) would be. Nice work!!
Helen
The glass jar and its logo is my favorite. The logo is a very nice and soothing abstraction of both the kettle and cup, and is able to maintain its feel across different color applications. The glass jar also serves as a tribute to traditional sculpture, increasing the perceived value.
First of all, great job on all the illustration. It helps to have nice drawings because that makes it so much easier to critique!
Anyway, I like your very first logo. But, at the same time, I like the Kanji character in the seventh logo. Try dropping that thing onto the cup on the first logo, and see how it works out. Otherwise, I would go with the first one as it is in its current state. The same goes for #5.
As for the package designs, I'm looking at the first two. The first one has some interesting qualities to it like the fact that the bottle is frosted, which is a striking feature for a tea product, or the tag. The glass jar is an interesting take on a container because I'm used to seeing tea inside tin cans.
Overall, all of your ideas seem to be plausible enough to the point where you simply need to decide which one you would like to go with.
- Oleg
I like the the second logo, it is simple yet it conveys the tea message.
For structure and layout I like the second design, I think it would be interesting to see this structure designed as a box. (this shape made with paper.)
They all look well in structures. I like the glass car because it can be placed next to the sugar and coffee jar. You just have to make sure enough tea bags are placed inside.
you have a nice design and concept. the design of packaging is varying in quality that show the traditional style of the container. i like the second and the fourth. great work
Good job! Overall it's a good design. I like how you illustrated different icons. I like the one you have colored. It's a good one. I wouldn't overlap the logo with the date though because it makes the date to be hidden and not read easily. This narrows my choices down to 11 & 12. Both of those are good. I would go with #11 because the typeface is more contemporary.
#12 stands out most to me. I love the colors that you chose, it has a tropical feeling to it and it also represents Hawaii very well. =)
Sarom R.
Post a Comment